Online fraud
jwSpamSpy
Contact

Email Spam Filter:
jwSpamSpy
Try it for free!

Google

419 scam - ATM card payment scam

The "ATM card payment" scam usually shows up as part of another scam, such as a fake lottery or an "unpaid contractor" scam. You will be promised an ATM card via which you can withraw millions dollars (up to at several thousand dollars per day) at any bank worldwide, but first you need to send cash to have it mailed to you. If it arrives at all, it won't work (because there is no bank account, it's just a piece of plastic) and you'll be offered a replacement card, for a few thousand dollars more. Any money sent to the criminals by Western Union or MoneyGram is lost.

The following emails are part of an Advance Fee Scam. See our "419" fraud FAQ for more information on such scams.

If you have any suspect email that you want to report or have checked, you can copy and paste the message text into our "Scam-O-Matic" webform for an instant reply.

If you get suspect emails, you can also forward them to our scam-reporting e-mail address
Though you won't normally get a reply we do use your reports to shut down scammers and to warn others.

jwSpamSpy
Are you sick of spam too? Do you want it stopped now?
Try jwSpamSpy, the spamfilter we use to track the spammers!
Free 30-day trial version available now!

Examples:

MARIO JOHN NGBADA (atmcard-paycenter@hotmail.com)

Attention: FIRSTNAME LASTNAME ,

With respect to the provision Section 17 of decree 114 of the 1999 constitution, I was directed to inform you that your payment verification and confirmations is "OK".
Therefore, we are happy to inform you that arrangements has perfectly concluded to effect your payment as soon as possible in our bid to be transparent inline with programmed of the present administration of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, President and Commander in chief Of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in his crusade against corruption in Nigeria.
However, it is our pleasure to inform you that ATM Card Number; 5428050011004432 has been approved and upgraded in your favor. Meanwhile, your Secret Pin Number is 6312. The ATM Card Value is $2 5million USD Only. You are advised that a maximum withdrawal value
of US$20,000.00 is permitted daily. And we are duly inter-switched and you can make withdrawal in any location of the ATM Center of your choice/nearest to you. We have also concluded delivery arrangement with our accredited courier service Company to be fully
insured by Nicon Insurance Corporation (NICON) to oversee the delivery of the ATM Card to you without any further delay. In view of this development, you are requested to
immediately offset the Courier and transit Insurance charges of $558 via Western Union through the Company given payment instruction as follows:
Name: IBEKWE EMMANUEL CHIBUIKE.
Text Question: Color
Answer: Blue
Address: Lagos Nigeria
Senders Name:
Send the MTCNÂ Number to this office for the money to be picked up. Be informed that delivery will be made to your address; U.S.A within 48 hours of our confirmation of this payment. Be aware that the delivery fee receipt will be attached to your payment delivery documents to avoid being delayed by the customs.Advice this office of your preferred time of visitation to delivery so that we can inform the courier service Company. And be informed that your valid I.D card must be presented to the dispatchers before release will be done to you to avoid wrong delivery, therefore you are directed to present your ID to the Courier on receipt of you package.Treat as very urgent, as we also remind you once again that your ATM Card is ready .
Sincerely
MARIO JOHN NGBADA.

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger Download today it's FREE!

Message headers:

From: "ATM CARD PAYMENT CENTER" <atmcard-paycenter@hotmail.com>
To: VICTIMEMAIL
Subject: Re: ATM CODE: 833. YOUR ATM CARD HAS BEEN APPROVED.

MR.STEPHEN UBA (mariamabacha115@latinmail.com)

Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:00:23 +0200 (CEST)
THE PRESIDENCY
OFFICE OF THE CHIEF AUDITOR TO THE PRESIDENT
INTERNATIONAL CREDIT SETTLEMENT DEPT
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE

ATTENTION BENEFICIARY:

THIS IS TO OFFICIALY INFORM YOU THAT WE HAVE VERIFIED ON YOUR CONTRACT /INHERITANCE FILE AND FOUND OUT THAT WHY YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR PAYMENT IS BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT FULFILLED THE OBLIGATIONS GIVING TO YOU IN RESPECT TO YOUR CONTRACT / INHERITANCE PAYMENT.

SECONDLY WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT YOU ARE STILL DEALING WITH THE NONE OFFICIALS IN THE BANK SO SUCH ILLEGAL ACT LIKE THIS HAVE TO STOP IF YOU WISHES TO RECEIVE YOUR PAYMENT SINCE WE HAVE DECIDED TO BRING A SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM,RIGHT NOW WE HAVE ARRANGED YOUR PAYMENT THROUGH OUR SWIFT CARD PAYMENT CENTER ASIA PACIFIC, THAT IS THE LATEST INSTRUCTION
BY THE PRESIDENT CHIEF,OLUSEGUN OBASANJO (GCFR) FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

THIS CARD CENTER WILL SEND YOU AN ATM CARD WHICH YOU WILL USE TO WITHDRAW YOUR MONEY IN ANY ATM MACHINE IN ANY PART OF THE WORLD, BUT THE MAXIMUM IS FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS PER DAY, SO IF YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE YOUR FUND THIS WAY PLEASE LET US KNOW BY FORWARDING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS;

1.YOUR FULL NAME:
1. PHONE AND FAX NUMBER:
2. ADDRESS WERE YOU WANT THEM TO SEND THE ATM CARD TO(P.O BOX NOT ACCEPTED)
3. YOUR AGE AND CURRENT OCCUPATION:

THE ATM CARD PAYMENT CENTER HAS BEEN MANDATED TO ISSUE OUT $800,000.00 (EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) FOR YOUR INFORMATION YOU HAVE TO STOP ANY FURTHER COMMUNICATION WITH ANY OTHER PERSON(S) OR OFFICE(s). THIS IS TO AVOID ANY HITCHES IN FINALIZING YOUR PAYMENT.

AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE THIS IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR MORE DIRECTION ON THIS REGARDS ON HOW TO CONTACT THE SWIFT CARD CONSULT PAYMENT CENTER FOR IMMEDIATE ISSUING OF YOUR ATM CARDNOTE: THAT BECAUSE OF IMPOSTORS, WE HEREBY ISSUED YOU OUR CODE OF CONDUCT, WHICH IS (303) SO YOU HAVE TO INDICATE THIS CODE IN ALL FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE.

CHIEF AUDITOR TO THE PRESIDENT
BARRISTER JOHN SCOTT.