Online fraud
jwSpamSpy
Contact

Email Spam Filter:
jwSpamSpy
Try it for free!

Google

linda@secure-2265.com

The email below is a next-of-kin scam. The victims are initially told that there is a bank account left by a late relative. They can get a share of this "inheritance", but first they must send thousands of dollars / euros / pounds to the criminals. The bank account doesn't exist, it's just a scam.

The following emails are part of an Advance Fee Scam. See our "419" fraud FAQ for more information on such scams.

If you have any suspect email that you want to report or have checked, you can copy and paste the message text into our "Scam-O-Matic" webform for an instant reply.

If you get suspect emails, you can also forward them to our scam-reporting e-mail address
Though you won't normally get a reply we do use your reports to shut down scammers and to warn others.

jwSpamSpy
Are you sick of spam too? Do you want it stopped now?
Try jwSpamSpy, the spamfilter we use to track the spammers!
Free 30-day trial version available now!

Examples:

linda@secure-2265.com

Dear Firstname Lastname,

I am Linda Cole the credit manager of SNS Bank in the Netherlands. I have a proposal to discuss about a late family members Mr. A. LASTNAME's Fixed account in SNS Bank, Please contact me through email lindacole@zexxo.net or call 44-121-618-7149 if you are interested to know more.

Regards,
Mrs Linda E Cole
TEL:+ 44-121-618-7149
FAX:+ 44-709-287-9730

SNS Bank Netherlands
United Kingdom Laison Office.

Next email:

From: "Linda" <linda@secure-2265.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Re: Details
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 10:06:08 +0100

Dear Firstname

I know this means of communication may not be morally right to you as a
person but i have had a great thought about it and i have come to this
conclusion which i am about to share with you.
As i earlier introduced myself to you i am the credit manager of SNS
Bank in
the Netherlands and in one way or the other was hoping you will
cooperate with me in this endeavor i am about to undertake.

I stumbled upon the account of a deceased client of this bank and i
figured out that since you share a common name with him Porter-davis i
believe you are
related.

I also hired a private investigator who got me your contact and said
your family Porter-davis have a high chance of being relatives to him
being that he was traced to you, now my proposal to you is that i want you
to cooperate with me in seeing that these funds of the Late Mr Albert
Porter-davis does not go down the drain.HOW ?

Let me explain.
At the end of a five year depository mandate of any bonded depository
account, if such an account is not claimed or renewed to commence
another tenure of 5 additional years, a 6 months period of grace is granted
to the account holder or its designated beneficiary, a probate order of
Mandamus is then issued to provide such a beneficiary whereby failure
to do so at the end of its expiration the funds will be quarantined and
shared amongst the directors of the bank at the end of that fiscal
year.

This is about to happen to the said funds of the late Mr Albert
Porter-davis and the amount involved is 7.8 Million British Pounds Seven
Million Eight hundred thousand Pounds), this i feel may not be to upright
from both my end and as lo the end of the directors of the bank but i
think it would rather be more beneficial to you and i who at the end of
the day will use the funds to affect the lives of other people as well as
close family members and well wishers.
Now what i intend for you to do is to re confirm to me with all your
basic details such as:

FULL NAMES
HOME MAILING ADDRESS
TEL/FAX NUMBERS
OCCUPATION
AGE

These information will be used by an attorney which i will hire to
facilitate all the relevant change of ownership documents apart from the
basic documents which i have in my posses ion, as all copies of such
documents will be provided to you as well for your records.
Once this has been actualized the attorney will present the claims
documents to the appropriate quarters in the bank and once they have all
necessary details you will be contacted by the bank within 48hrs.

I want you to please look at this opportunity as a good cause and
please remove every form of guilt from your mind because at the end of the
day it's either the bank officials get the funds or we get the funds one
way or another someone gets to gain, i also want you to know that the
whole process is 100% safe and you are guaranteed of your safety.
I await your response so that we can commence this project as soon as
possible.

Regards,
Mrs Linda E Cole
TEL:+ 44-121-618-7149
FAX:+ 44-709-287-9730

SNS Bank Netherlands
United Kingdom Liaison Office.

Citizens Bank version of the same scam:

From: beckymccathy@citizensbk.net
Subject: FIRSTNAME LASTNAME - (Reply Requested) EMAIL@ADDRESS

Dear FIRSTNAME LASTNAME,

I am Becky McCathy the credit manager of Citizens Bank. I have a
proposal to discuss about a late family members Mr. A. LASTNAME's Fixed account
in Citizens Bank, Please contact me through email or call