419/Nigeria
Online fraud
jwSpamSpy
Contact

Email Spam Filter:
jwSpamSpy
Try it for free!

Google

419 Scam Example: "GROUPLOTTO INTERNATIONAL / EMAIL LOTTERY SWEEPSTAKES"

"GROUPLOTTO INTERNATIONAL" and other variations thereof are labels used by a gang in the Netherlands for a fake lottery fraud (advance fee fraud, "419").

If you are receiving a winning notification for a lottery that tells you to contact a netscape.net oder other free webmail addresses or to a Dutch cellphone number (0031-6xx-yyy-yyy or +31 6xx-yyy-yyy), it most likely is a variation of the scam mail below. You will find many more examples of such scam mails via a Google search.

jwSpamSpy
Are you sick of spam too? Do you want it stopped now?
Try jwSpamSpy, the spamfilter we use to track the spammers!
Free 30-day trial version available now!

Example of "GROUPLOTTO INTERNATIONAL" scam email:

EMAIL LOTTERY SWEEPSTAKES
(ACCREDITED LICENSED AGENT TO GROUPLOTTO INTERNATIONAL)

Ref. Nnumbe: 066/596/5067
Batch Number: 5445-8224-XZ 33

Sir/Madam
We are pleased to inform you about the result of the Lottery Winners International programs held on the 30th November,2004. Your e-mail address attached to ticket number 00731205- with serial number 4276-581 drew lucky numbers 7-54-18-23-11-45 which consequently won in the 1st category, you have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of US$ 1,000,000.00 (One Million United States Dollars)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Due to the mix up of some numbers and name\'s we ask that you keep your winning information confidential until your claims has been processed and your money Remitted to you.
This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some participants.

All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawnfrom over 25,000 company and 40,000,000 individual email addresses and names from all over the world. This promotional program takes place every three years.

This lottery was promoted by the software corporation to compensate some few individuals with website and email addresses, we hope that with part of your winning you will take part in our next year USD50 million internationallottery.
To file for your claim, please contact our FIDUCIAL AGENT:

Mr. DOUGLAS KERT of GROUPLOTTO INTERNATIONAL.
TEL: +31-645-228-158
Email: grouplotto01@netscape.net

Remember, all winning must be claimed not later than 30th of December 2004. After this date all unclaimed funds will be included in the next stake.
Please note in order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications please remember to quote your reference number and batch numbers in all correspondence.
Furthermore, should there be any change of address do inform our agent as soon as possible.

Congratulations once more from our members of staff and thank you for being part of our promotional program.

Note: Anybody under the age of 18 is automatically disqualified.

Sincerely yours,

Mrs. Suzan Pepple.
(Lottery Coordinator)

Message from the "claims agent":

Attn:
We got your Email and to enable us to successfully process your claim you
are to fill in the needed infomations in the (Attached)CLAIM AWARD FORM
and send back via Email or fax to us.These infos will be directed
to the verification centre for verification purpose in other to be able to
endorse you as a bonifide winner before asigning your won money to you in
any speculated account you will provide.

Congratulations,

Douglas Kert.

Message headers:

From: grouplotto47@netscape.net
To: emailaddress (Firstname Lastname)
Subject: CLAIM FORM ATTACHED

WHOIS information for sending IP 62.166.232.22:

     inetnum:      62.166.232.0 - 62.166.235.255
     netname:      VERSATEL-NL-DSL-NAT
     descr:        Versatel Nederland DSL-NAT Customers
     country:      NL
     admin-c:      VT1029-RIPE
     tech-c:       VT1029-RIPE
     status:       ASSIGNED PA
     notify:       hostmaster@versatel.net
     mnt-by:       AS13127-MNT
     changed:      hostmaster@versatel.net 20020107
     source:       RIPE

     route:        62.166.0.0/16
     descr:        Versatel customers
     origin:       AS13127
     mnt-by:       AS13127-MNT
     changed:      marct@versatel.net 20010104
     changed:      Hostmaster@versatel.net 20020205
     changed:      hostmaster@versatel.net 20041215
     source:       RIPE

     role:         VT HOSTMASTER
     address:      Hullenbergweg 101
     address:      1101 CL  Amsterdam ZuidOost
     address:      The Netherlands
     e-mail:       hostmaster@versatel.net
     trouble:      For ZON related abuse issues please contact abuse@zonnet.nl
     trouble:      For all abuse issues please contact abuse@versatel.net
     admin-c:      RVDK1-RIPE
     tech-c:       RVDK1-RIPE
     tech-c:       ROBH1-RIPE
     tech-c:       RW487-RIPE
     nic-hdl:      VT1029-RIPE
     remarks:      This is the Versatel hostmaster role
     remarks:      Please direct all queries to this role and *not* to person objects
     notify:       hostmaster@versatel.net
     mnt-by:       AS13127-MNT
     changed:      marct@versatel.net 20001127
     changed:      hostmaster@versatel.net 20010302
     changed:      hostmaster@versatel.net 20010823
     changed:      hostmaster@versatel.net 20011204
     changed:      hostmaster@versatel.net 20020228
     changed:      hostmaster@versatel.net 20020517
     changed:      hostmaster@versatel.net 20020523
     source:       RIPE

Mrs. Holly Smith (grouplott2@ZIPMAIL.COM.BR)

Here a version of the initial spam using different aliases. This spam reached a huge number of people, as one of the target addresses was a mailing list feed of MSNBC.com that anybody post to and reach thousands of people.