From: tony brown <tony_brownny@yahoo.com>
To: anon-nnnnnnnnn@craigslist.org
Subject: reference from the loan you advertised some days back.
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 18:51:13 +0000

My name is Tony Brown,,I think i'm aware of a reliable person who can grant you the loan you are requesting for within 5 days.
He is Mr.Andrew Walter,a retired accountant of shell oil.
If you are still interested in the loan,contact him on andrew_walter01@yahoo.com
tell him i referred you to him.I'm sure he will help you out.

When contacted, they reply from that address:

From: andrew walter <andrew_walter01@yahoo.com>
To: emailaddress
Subject: loan update
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:14:43 +0000

Hello Firstname,
I got your mail,Mr.Tony was a former client of my,i also helped him out with a loan.
I can help you out with loan you are demanding,but first i have to be sure that you do not also have the intension of scamming me.Any way for the transaction toproceed you have to accept my terrms first.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PRINCIPAL AMOUNT=$4,000
INTEREST RATE=7 %
INTEREST=$280
DURATION=2 YEARS
TOTAL PAYMENT=$4,560
MONTLY INSTALMENT=$190.
If you wish to continue mail me back.
Regards

tel #+234 805 850 0581

The phone number is a Nigerian mobile number.

davisloanoffer@yahoo.com

The following email indicates how the scam works. The lender (victim) is required to pay 5% "insurance" for the loan from the money lent. The criminals will send a fake check and the victim will wire 5% of the face value of the check back to the criminals. After the check bounces the victim will have lost the "insurance" money and transfer charges and will have damaged his or her credit rating.

From: charles davis <davisloanoffer@yahoo.com>
To: emailaddress
Subject: loan offer
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:41:32 +0000

Good day

I received your message and it has being read and understood.
we are ready to do our best for you.
These are the terms and conditions required to get a loan.you are
lucky to be the 100th loaner and you have being given an award of
free interest rate for the first year of your borrowing money.

INSURANCE

Backed by the United Nations laws governing the United Kingdom all
loans must be insured to avoid any form of risk to the lender or
loaner. This is done by filling an insurance form coupled with the
payment of a token insurance fee dependent on the loan request
amount. These are the various insurance fees for different amount
ranges:
$1,000---$999,000,000 is 5%

The insurance fee is being paid to the insurance company through
" WESTERN UNION" to the insurance company with the
identity of the accountant in charge of payment in the insurance
company

A scanned copy of the slip used in paying the insurance fee should
be sent as an attachment when returning the insurance form. Send
the insurance form to the insurance company through e-mail:
unic_insurancecomltd@representative.com

INTEREST

It has an affordable interest rate of 4% interest . All loans must be paid back
before a maximum of 7 years
and an unlimited minimum.If the loan is not being able to pay back
within this period he will be given an additional period of 2
years interest free.

After considerably viewing all condition and requirement as
acceptable, contact unic_insurancecomltd@representative.com for the insurance
form. When filling the form print out the form and fill in black
ink then return a scanned copy of the form.

IF YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS, CONTACT ME SO
WE CAN PROCEED.

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO REPLY ME GIVING ME YOUR FULL NAMES,
RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS AND YOUR PERSONAL PHONE NUMBER.

NOTE: The form must not spend more than 72 hours with an
individual,all fields being qualified you will receive your money
in the next 72hours.

ANY BODY BELOW QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.

Thanks for your understanding

Mr.Charles Davis

jwSpamSpy
Are you sick of spam too? Do you want it stopped now?
Try jwSpamSpy, the spamfilter we use to track the spammers!
Free 30-day trial version available now!